Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Day After The First Day.


First & Foremost This Blog Is for Me To Reflect Back On In Time.....


For a long while now, I've been talking myself out of joining a gym and working out.  What will those people think?  You're overweight, not in shape, they'll laugh at you. No one will go with you, and you definitely don't want to go alone and look like a loser, etc.  The mind has a great way of convincing you that you can't do something.  So when people at work started going and talking about how fun it was, and how great it was I began to think about it. Then you have the naysayers, Crossfit? That's hard stuff! You're going to work out with them? You know what, they're doing something healthy for themselves.  That's more than I've been doing.  How can I fault them for that?  The answer is I can't!  They've been sticking with it pretty well and still like it. If they can do it, so can I.  Is what I finally talked myself into.  A friend was supposed to join me and go with them yesterday.  Last minute she bailed on me.  Did I think about backing out, and staying at work too?  You betcha I did! But a little voice told me you still have co-workers going.  Go try it, and see if you like it.  Today costs nothing, if it's not for you then you haven't lost anything.  So that's exactly what I did.  When I got there I was extremely nervous.  But I soon found out it was nothing like I thought it was going to be.  I didn't worry about making a fool of myself.  The trainer was very helpful and the people were nice.  I sweated my ass off, but you know what?  I found myself having FUN.  Fun while working out and doing something good for myself.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't sore today.  My legs are the worst but my shoulders are feeling it too.  At the same time, I'd be disappointed if I didn't feel it.  I worked HARD for that yesterday, and this is the way of showing me its working. I sit here today at 5'3" and 170lbs.  I wasn't perfect, I have a lot to learn, and I know to push myself to my limits and nobody else's.  Listen to my body and when it says stop or slow down that's what I need to do.  Today was a day of rest.  Well not quite, I worked at 5AM, but no Crossfit.  Tomorrow I plan on going back and bringing some friends with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment